As homeowners, we all face the challenge of adding valuable living space to our homes and up till now we have had the choice of a costly extension or a conservatory. But what about the combination of the two?
The Livinroom gives you the best of both worlds, combining the light and sky of a conservatory with the walls and ceiling of an extension.
It is truly multi-functional, creating a pleasant space for relaxation or as a ‘full on’ family room. You can maintain light and space by using windows all around or have brick piers or super-insulated Loggia columns to give a greater sense of solidity.
This “real room/living room” feel means more styling and furnishing options and the perimeter ceiling is perfect for down lighters.
The Livinroom uses the Ultraframe Classic Roofing Technology System which combines state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies with elegant, contemporary designs. The strong, rigid, lightweight, aluminium conservatory roofing system offers incomparable benefits and has been developed over 20 years by extensive Research and Development. It provides superior thermal efficiency when compared to a standard conservatory which can help as part of a Building Regulation compliant building.
Do I need Planning Permission?
This is something Custom Glaze can take care for you if you do require it. While permitted development rights allow for the construction of many conservatories without planning permission sometimes these are wavered in house deeds, conservation areas or if your house is a “new build” as developers sometimes place restrictions on them. For more information please read our Planning Permission Page.
How long will it take to install a Livin Room?
Every roof / replacement roof is different and our team work efficiently to ensure that there is minimal disruption to your home. Once we have begun the process, we will be able to give you a more accurate estimate of how long it should take. It all depends on the design and style! If you want to find out more information about the build process please visit here.
What is the cost of a Livin Room?
Every roof / replacement roof is different, it is always best to visit our Milton Keynes showroom, or request a sales rep to visit you to discuss the options.
The Livinroom uses a Classic glazed roof to which is attached a steel work ladder system at eaves and glazing bar positions. This is then plasterboarded and plaster skimmed to form a perimeter ceiling.
- Can be used from 15 – 40 degrees.
- Steel work ladder system extends from 300mm to 1200mm.
- Internal ‘cloaking screen’ prevents unsightly glimpses of components from bedrooms above.
- The steel work ladder system takes its support from the roof – unlike some timber pelmet systems which require additional support.
Consider these benefits when choosing a Livinroom which features the Classic roofing technology.
- Enjoy the light from a conservatory with the feel of an extension – providing greater overall value and the best of all worlds.
- Creates a whole new dynamic to the space – a “real room/living room” feel.
- You can maintain light and space by using windows all round OR have brick piers / super insulated Loggia columns to give a greater sense of solidity.
- For superior thermal efficiency when compared to a standard conservatory – can help as part of a Building Regulation compliant building.
- This real room/living room feel means more styling and furnishing options and the perimeter ceiling is perfect for down lighters.
So you have decided on a Livin Room? You will now need to choose a conservatory style, with a wide range styles to choose from we are confident that we can provide you with the ideal solution. View all conservatory styles by clicking here.
If you already know or have the style in mind please click the “Finishes and Colours” tab.
You can choose between our classically elegant Sculptured frame finish or the clean lines of Chamfered. Our frames come in a range of standard colour finishes or you can choose a special colour option where the only limit is your imagination! Check out all our colours and finishes by clicking here.